After being with my parents for a week straight driving in the car, camping and hiking my sister and I were a bit worried when we got home about being left home alone. But you know what… as soon as we were given our Kongs with Peanut butter and treats (our favorite!) we were back on track feeling calm and comfortable when left at home. It has taken a lot of work and we still get excited when our owners come home, especially our Dad because he gets equally as excited to see us! (Mom just acts calm and relaxed…but we know she’s faking it and is really jumping up and down inside!)
Here are a few times that our owners use to keep our dog separation anxiety away:
- Give us a Kong stuffed with a high-value food treat. If you don’t have a Kong, order one on Amazon.com today!
- Put Music on to keep the scary sounds from the outside masked – it especially helps if you use Through a Dog’s Ear CDs, which are scientifically proven to calm dogs. Get your copy on Amazon!
- Leave the lights on if it’s night time
- Keep us contained in our “Safe Room” where we can’t get into garbage or other dangerous item around the house. This is a room that we feel safe in.
- Don’t give us a view of the outside world, because it makes our dog separation anxiety worse if we see other dogs and people walking by the house all day
I hope you are all doing well! My mom said that she is getting close to having our dog separation anxiety program ready so be sure to sign up for our mailing list to find out when you can get your copy! (signup is in the right bar ——> )
Please leave me a comment and let me know how your dog separation anxiety is!
Manchego the Anxious Dog