This weekend we discovered the most fun game ever… and the best thing is that our owner thinks this is a safe game for when we are left alone to help distract us and maybe even let us have fun instead of having dog separation anxiety! So what is the game to help cure separation anxiety in dogs you ask? Well I’m going to tell you!! The game is quite simple but appeals to and anxious dog’s strongest sense, his or her sense of SMELL!
Here is what you need:
- A toy that your dog with separation anxiety really loves.
- An old blanket that your anxious dog can destroy!
The next steps are simple:
- First take the toy and put it on the ground
- Second cover the toy up with the old blanket
- Third, tell your separation anxiety dog to search or find the toy!
You can do this to tire your dog with separation anxiety out before you leave him or her home alone OR you can leave it with them to search for as you leave the house so they are distracted and having a good time while you leave!
Manchego the Anxious Dog